AFTER the inaugural ceremony las year, the Scottish Awards For New Music are primed to return in 2018.
Celebrating those who venture off the beaten track and create truly original and riveting material, the recent addition to Scotland’s musical landscape aims to honour the very best composers, musicians, sound artists, producers, ensembles and more.
Ahead of next year’s event; which is slated to take place at Drygate on Wednesday 7th March 2018, the nominations are now open here with a that system allows for both members of the music-loving public and industry professionals to partake in the process.
Following on from today’s announcement, New Music Scotland’s chair Oliver Searle has stated that:
“The awards offer a fantastic opportunity to raise the profile of new music in Scotland and further afield, spreading news of the innovative new music scene to potential audiences around the globe. Rarely do you manage to gather so many of the key figures and institutions of new music making in Scotland together in one room. Coupled with the high profile supporters and partnerships involved in making this event a reality, the Scottish Awards for New Music 2018 promises to be an exciting event for Scotland’s new music sector.”
Check out each category at the upcoming event below:
- Electroacoustic/Sound Art Work
- Dorico Award for Small Scale New Work sponsored by Steinberg (1-10 performers)
- Large Scale New Work (11+ performers)
- Recorded New Work
- ISM Award for Collaboration in New Music
- Community/Education Project
- Contribution to New Music in Scotland
- Help Musicians UK Award for New Music Performer(s) of the Year
- Award for Creative Programming
- Award for Innovation in New Folk Music in association with Hands Up for Trad
- Award for Innovation in New Jazz Music in association with Jazz from Scotland